Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Passing of Reverend David Wilkerson

On April 27, 2011, My former Pastor, Pstr. David Wilkerson went home to be with Jesus. Words can't express the way I feel. I felt like he was taken too soon. Just to find out that he passed away from a car accident just frustrated me..but I had to let go and know that God is still faithful.
I was part of Times Square Church from 1997 - 2007 and I was just recalling in my mind some of the messages he preached and a trial that I had gone through where he stepped in to try to help me. There is no one like Poppa Dave and he will truly be missed.  "Well done, good and faithful servant" -1931 - 2011

2 comments:

BlogHappy2 said...

Adekemi, I share your feelings as well. Thank you for writing this. I think the church family needs to come together now. I feel closer to all of you guys (TSC choir members of seasons past) and feela kinship and a shared bond that Pas. Dave was apart of.

Kemi Niké said...

I am so blessed and honored to have known him for so many years!! We will see each other again!!Thanks for your comment!!