Friday, April 29, 2011

The Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton

    So I had to DVR this wedding because I had important things to take of. As I reflected upon the stories of how they met and watched the important parts the wedding (minus the interviews), a few things came to mind. First, Kate as a commoner. The scripture that came to me was Acts 10:15 - "What God has cleansed, you must not call common". The history of the Royal family has always been closed to having "commoners" as part of their family. Having Kate as a bride had to be a miracle considering what she was against. But I love the way she carried herself. You never heard any nonsense from her because she kept things private. I believe her character had a great deal to do with the reason why they she had favor with the family.
    As I am writing this, thoughts come to mind about Queen Esther and the process she went through before becoming Queen. There is always a process, a character-building process, that God will put you through before He opens up certain doors for you. I believe that I am going through this process.
    Yes I do have a title in Nigeria, like they have in Britain. But my title didn't come with cash and a castle so, I didn't feel the need to tell anyone about it.
     As a child of God, His word tells us of our royal priesthood. 1 Peter 2:9 say that "you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light". We need to remember that when that royal wedding procession begins in heaven with streets made from gold, we will see Him in His fullness and truly witness who deserves all the praise.
    Until then, let's continue to praise Him for all He has done and will do in our lives...and let's pray for Britain, that God will continue to break down walls in the monarchy. There are no commoners in the body of Christ!! We are a Royal Priesthood!!
Amen!!






2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Well said Adekemi, we all princess in the kingdom of God and there are no commoners:)

Kemi Niké said...

Thanks Toyin!! God is speaking in everything I see and do!!